Covid 19 Safety Plan
- As of July 1st we are ready to welcome travellers from across British Columbia to Haida Gwaii. We are following all the health and safety protocols designed to keep people safe and both Mike and I have had our 2nd Covid 19 vaccination. Safety measures like masks and social distancing remain in place, and we are following or exceeding all provincial safety requirements. We’re slowly returning to pre-pandemic service levels. We will adjust our protocols as we move forward together.
- All people travelling in B.C. must comply with the public health orders. Visit https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions to stay informed with the latest expectations.
- Driftwood Cottage is completely self-contained and designed to provide for all your living needs while minimizing in person contact if desired. It has it’s own cooking facilities, laundry facilities, private deck, keypad check in and on line payment platform. Physical distance can and will be easily maintained.
- The owners, Dorothy and Mike are full vaccinated for Covid-19.
For the safety of all we have developed the following cleaning and sanitizing procedures:
- Hand soap, dish soap and laundry detergent will be provided.
- Guests are encouraged to reuse towels and linens and do their own dishes.
- Complete and thorough cottage cleaning will be completed after check out.
- Special attention will be paid to sanitizing frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, keypad lock, counters, bathroom/kitchen fixtures and tables.
- Any unforeseen needs or house maintenance during occupancy will be performed with mask, hand hygiene and physical distancing.
The pandemic has challenged us all to reflect on the importance of respecting and protecting others. On June 10th, 2021, the Council of the Haida Nation launched www.haidagwaiipledge.ca, a new website providing visitors to Haida Gwaii with an educational introduction to Haida Gwaii and the Haida nation and the ability to sign the Haida Gwaii Pledge. We encourage visitors to review and sign the Haida Gwaii Pledge prior to travel to the islands.
Introducing the Haida Gwaii Visitor Pledge and Haida Gwaii Orientation
The Haida Gwaii Visitor Pledge was created to help visitors to the Islands understand how to respect and care for Haida Gwaii. With this increase of awareness, the hope is that visitors will make a more conscious effort to protect the Air, Ocean, Lands and People while visiting Haida Territories.
The Haida Gwaii Visitor Orientation is an extension of the Haida Gwaii Visitor’s Pledge and is intended for any and all visitors to the Islands. This orientation is not to replace any information visitors may learn while they are here, but to provide a basis of knowledge before arriving.
The Haida Gwaii Stewardship Fund is a voluntary fund to support Air, Ocean, Land and People stewardship as it relates to tourism. Any contributions towards this fund are welcomed.